Sky Tower, Auckland, New Zealand
In order to provide more transparency to the process of hiring the next Executive Director for GNOME Foundation, here is the list with the members of the Hiring Committee in charge of screening the applications received and interviewing the candidates. The list includes current affiliation and former activities related to GNOME Foundation.
Members of the Hiring Committee (in alphabetical order):
- Bradley Kuhn, Executive Director at Software Freedom Conservancy. Member of the Advisory Board representing FSF, former Executive Director of FSF.
- Dave Neary, Neary Consulting. GNOME contributor, former Director of GNOME Foundation.
- Germán Póo-Caamaño, Director of GNOME Foundation.
- Jonathan Blandford, Manager of the Desktop team at Red Hat. Member of the Advisory Board representing Red Hat, former Director of GNOME Foundation.
- Kim Weins, OpenLogic. Senior VP of Marketing at OpenLogic.
- Luis Villa, Mozilla Foundation. Attorney at Mozilla, member of the Advisory Board representing Mozilla, former Director of GNOME Foundation.
- Robert Sutor, IBM. Vice President of Open System and Linux at IBM. IBM is a member of the advisory board.
- Stormy Peters, Head of Developer Engagement at Mozilla. Former Executive Director of GNOME Foundation, former member of the Advisory Board representing HP.
The hiring committee will respect the privacy all candidates. They are all candidates until they get the job.